The New Palace Project Shout Out Chat Room

8/17/2009

Email thoughts on Kurt Angle's situation

Based off of my latest column discussing the Kurt Angle situation, here are some email responses from that piece....

My friend Keith had this to say....

One of the obvious differences I see between Benoit and Angle is that Angle is more intelligent. I don't say that in a disrespectful way...but it does seem to be clear (at least to me).

I kind of hope this helps Angle out and that he eventually realizes what he has been doing to himself for the last decade or perhaps much longer as you mentioned.

I'm not sure how Angle's history of performance enhancing drugs compares with Benoit's? Do you know more about that?

I don't think you are exaggerating at all...I really think he could be the next major tragedy in pro wrestling if something doesn't change soon.

What do you think should be done for him? I think forced rehab...is one of the best options.

He should definitely lose the title...if only for the reason that he broke the law...much less that he is a danger to himself and probably others.

This is kind of an opportunity for TNA to make a tough stand. Angle is one of the driving forces of their product...but he's going to explode in a bad way eventually.


My buddy Kevin from Houston wrote this....

You could not be more right about what ya said in your column. Angle needs help and help now, no wait he needs help yesterday! With what has happened to so many wrestlers in the past, Pillman, Eddie, and Benoit, it is scary to think that, with the way he is going, Angle is heading down the same road as these guys. If TNA has any care about their talent, they would get him the help he needs and fast. If not TNA, some of the other wrestlers need to pull him aside and sit him down and do whatever they can to get him the help he needs. Now mind ya, I am not a fan of the whole Kurt Angle gimmick and whatnot, but as a person in general, I don't want to see him throw everything, including his life away without doing everything possible to rid himself of these demons in his life. All the wrestling stuff aside, he is a father, and he needs to think what he is doing to his kids, not only now, but in the long run. He needs to think about being there for them in the future, watching them grow, and doing all he can to guide them down the right path in life. As it stands now, if Angle does not do anything to them, (God forbid, and I won't go there) there is one hell of a chance they will be going to their father's funeral in the not to near distant future.

All the wrestling stuff aside, I think of Angle, the man, himself. Watching anyone go down this road, and it is a road that is so avoidable to travel, is beyond sad. Walk away, take a break, do acting, coach youth in wrestling, but Gad dammit, don't throw your whole life away like this! And to the wrestling suits in TNA, and the wrestlers themselves, God dammit, show you care about your talent and help them out! You can't tell me we, the online wrestling community are the only ones that have seen the warring signs here, it is far too obvious. Get this man, this father, the help he needs before the whole wrestling community morns another tragic, but oh so preventable death once again!


If you have an opinion, I'll post it here....

No comments: